Maintaining a home can be a constant strain on your bank account. Why not have your home start paying you back for a change? We have found eight home improvements that if used in any combination will actually make you money in the long run due to cost efficiency!
The Best Home Improvements Measures of 2015
The ingenuity of this is stellar when you think about it. Because it’s all about the ROI. Truly effective home improvement should net you some sort of return — whether you’re a home investor, seller or buyer. So follow these home improvement tips and start raking in the dough:
- Low Flow Fixtures — These are easily installed and very inexpensive and can reduce the amount of water you use per water bill. Want to know by how much?
- Quality Insulation — If you home doesn’t have good insulation, get it now! Not only does it keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter is can reduce your energy cost. Find out by how much of a percentage right here.
- Compact Fluorescent Lighting — Installing these light bulbs may cost you slightly more in home improvements, initially, but guess what: it’s all worth it.
- A Clean Dishwasher System — Newer dishwashers can save a lot of water per cycle when you think about it. How many gallons does it save, exactly?
- Programmable Thermostats — Programmable thermostats are much more accurate then regular thermostats due to cost effectiveness. Just how much can you save? Here’s why these new thermostats are so popular when it comes to home improvement.
- Weather Stripping — Have an air leak problem? Well it could be costing you. A lot. Air leaks can account for a lot of your cost in cooling and heating, but weather stripping can cover that up for as stated right here.
- Tankless Water Heaters — Tankless water heaters? Yes, the new wave in water heating. And here’s why.
- Ceiling Fans — Really? A ceiling fan? That can save you some money in home improvement? Oh, absolutely. Here’s why.
You’ll notice that some of these are surprising while others are no-brainers, but one thing’s for sure:
These Are Must-Haves for Home Improvement. No Question.
Don’t expect trends like this to last an eternity, though, given this is the real estate market we’re talking about. Whether it’s a rent-to-own, or you’re selling a home, it doesn’t matter. Whatever the case, one thing’s for sure — home improvements are the secret weapon to real estate success. Click here to learn more about home improvements.